Saturday 25 May 2013

Rear Brakes: Seriously Uncool. But they make me happy.

It's been a long time since drum brakes appeared on cutting-edge race cars.  I see no reason not to use them on my car though; light, decent handbrake, no issues with wheel/brake interface.  Now, I know that its difficult to argue that drum brakes can look sexy but when everything is either new or refurbished - including fresh zinc plating and powdercoat - I think they look pretty ace.
Dave has virtually finished building-up the rear axle now so that can go in pretty soon.

I've only had the chance to make some very subtle additions to the car: a water pipe here, a stabilised oil pressure sender there.  I've been thinking about the control cables again though.  The clutch cable at the pedal-end has been sorted for a while.  The throttle cable at the throttle-body-end is now in hand.  Two down, two to go then.

I need to knuckle down and deal with the wiring.  I have to admit that I've been putting it off.

TC

No comments: