Wednesday 15 May 2013

Look after the pennies and the pounds will...

Holy smoke; a couple of years away from a full build and you forget what the little things cost.  This week I've bought a load of 'smaller items' like silicone hoses, a handbrake cable, cable-tie bases, fuel pipe, a flexi brake line, aluminium tape, bearings, wheel cylinders...
Total cost?  In official technical terms, an absolute shit-load.  For a bit of sport (torment) I just had a quick look at what I could've bought instead of building the Gemini.  Ha - hilarious.  Would I do it again?  Right now - no.  My view is likely to change on the first successful test but right now it feels rather painful.  Goodness knows what Mrs C thinks.  Bless her.

Still, we've come this far: onwards - will hopefully fit some of this folly tomorrow.

No comments: