Tuesday 16 July 2013

Haranguing indeed.

Last Saturday I began 'eating the frog' that is connecting-up my wiring.  It's a fillip that a couple of minor changes can start to make it all look more manageable.
I need to add some electronic components to sort-out the last remaining live feeds to the loom.  The first is standard motorsport-fare - a ballast resistor in the coil feed that stops the motor from running-on when the master switch is turned off.  The second is more of an experiment in that in junking the bike's rather confusing relay assembly I've also stripped-out a zener diode assembly that presumably acts to protect certain components when the engine is cranked.  Having got some advice, I've basically ended-up with this:
This is simply 1N5408 rectifier diode and a 18-24V zener diode with a 3W rating soldered together.  Will it work?  There's only one way to find out.  In other news, one of the back-stays was checked for length and tig welded up.
I've also bolted the original horn from the bike to the chassis; this is one of the 'road-going' elements that puts the R into RGB.  It's also necessary if I choose to IVA the Gemini so either way I need it.  Finally, I collected the powder-coated wishbones and Panhard rod so those are now ready to fit, hopefully on Saturday.  
If I can gather enough bodies to help lift the car from the trolley, it could roll.  

TC

No comments: