Monday 1 July 2013

Can't sleep, so a quick post on choices.

I've had a couple of small choices to make since the last post.  One involved a change of plans in terms of the fuel pump; there just isn't enough room to use the preferred Facet Gold Flo Silver Top Competition filter - it's about as big as its name.  As a result, I've had to invest in a smaller solid state Facet.  Their reputation isn't quite as good as for the bigger units but, practically, I have little choice.  I'm sure it'll work a treat - it's only a lift pump after all.
As you can see, the Gold Flo is back in it's box.  Open to offers...

The other choice that I needed to make was to decide which centre bearing spacer to use.  I had three of these water-cut (£15 the lot!) in three different thicknesses - 5mm, 6mm and 8mm.
The 8mm was obviously going to be too thick once I eyed-it-up.  The 5mm plate gave the straightest prop run possible but does result in the UJ running a little too close to the chassis.  Hence, the 6mm plate got the nod.  

And now to try again - to bed!

TC

No comments: