Monday 15 April 2013

Useful Fillip

I stole a couple of hours this evening.  It was quite nice to do a couple of quick jobs where nothing went wrong.  I managed to bolt the brake line running to the rear of  the car to the footlwell.  The route was so obvious that it was a 'no-brainer' to drill out a few rivets and make more use of the same holes.
It's very difficult to get these pipes absolutely perfect but I think that is tidy enough.  I also bolted the master cylinders in-place.  I had to cut-down an allen key to be able to tighten the top-bolts.  I hadn't thought through the possible problems with cap-head bolts.  The pistons also needed to be cut to length.  Oh well, they look the part now.
 Finally. I trial fitted the powdercoated engine mounts.
You can also see the brake line heading down the tunnel.  It was nice to walk away from the car with nothing having been a problem.  I'd like more 'garage-time' like this.

TC

No comments: