Saturday 3 November 2012

Another chapter...

Its been a busy time: I've got married (amazing day); I've bought a new house.
It's not all change though as progress on the Gemini has been at its usual sloth-like rate.

I did have a good day on fabrication with Track Developments' Dave Gallop however.  I'll include some photos for my benefit but I don't expect any of them to go viral.  Yawn.

Crotch-strap mounts, devised using the very helpful Schroth website for guidance:


Exhaust mount and tab for the lockwire that will ensure the tailpipe doesn't fall-off:

Front ARB mounts:

Finished front-end showing the angled plates at the top corners that will eventually support the bonnet catches that hold the front bodywork in place:

The chassis to-do list looks like this:


  • Prop Centre Bearing Mount
  • Finish Prop Catcher.
  • Hand Brake Cable Bracket - have the basis of this but needs sand blasting.
  • Earth points

I collected the prop yesterday so this can hopefully be finished-off next week and then all welded up the week later.  I then need to decide whether to powdercoat or paint the chassis.  Hmmmm.

TC

2 comments:

Ken555 said...

Congratulations

Tim said...

Thank you Sir.