Tuesday 8 May 2012

Geminus

Apparently the word Gemini is derived from the Latin for plural or twin, which is rather interesting given that Gemini is not often used as a noun and hence there appears to be some debate as to whether it warrants a plural at all.  Why is this of importance?  Well, I visited the Stoneleigh kit car show on Sunday and actually doubled the number of Geminis that I've seen in the flesh to, not including mine, four!

Here's the two new ones:
It was quite interesting to talk to the two owners, even though my modifications/specification means that the lessons to be learnt were largely limited body fitment.  In any case it was great to chat through some of the issues and also to get a good idea of where I should panel to underneath the front of the car (for aero-efficiency purposes.)

On Saturday, I really do need to bash together a panel to enclose the rear of the tunnel so that I can get a seat moulded.  I can then get the steering column welded in.  

I've commissioned HPC gears to make me a custom dual gear for the electric reverse.  This prompted me to total-up the cost of my reverse mechanism.  Holy Smoke!  Details once I get all the parts back.

TC

No comments: