Saturday 22 February 2014

Correctly Sized Suspenders

The temporary springs have been replaced with the correct items from Faulkner.  Also seen in this photo is the near-side bracket for the  rear ARB,  This side is all bolted-up tight.  The bolt for the top shock-mount is a bit long but life is too short.
The springs all needed compressing slightly to fit onto the dampers.  I don't own any suitable tools so I achieved this by putting my considerable weight on the spring (who would have thought that 'planking' had a practical use?) while Kate clipped the collar into place.
On the front the top mounts are tight but I need to get the ARB offset spacers plated before the lower bolts meet their attachments.

I'm sure that it shouldn't but this lot took me most of the day - with a brief break to watch some rugby.  Oh well.

TC

No comments: