Saturday 6 October 2007

Precious little time...

I’m afraid I’ve run-out of time! My July deadline shifted to August and then to September and beyond. On 1st October I started my Masters Degree which I’m studying part-time for the next two-and-a-bit years. This is a demanding course and I simply don’t have the time (working full-time too) to work on the car. So in terms of updates, I have nothing to show.

However, all is not lost. I have shipped the car (two trips, 735 miles, 21 hours and no sleep) to a fellow ‘Locostbuilder’ in Cheshire. Steve Hignett has built two similar cars in the past and is a top bloke. I have no doubts that he’ll do a great job on the car. We’re not yet 100% sure whether or not Steve will complete the car – either way I’m sure he’ll make more rapid progress than I did. He’s kindly agreed to take lots of photographs so I’m hoping to keep this blog up-to-date in the hope that it’s useful t someone.

I am of course very disappointed not to be completing the jobs on the car myself but I’ve taken a pragmatic approach to try to get the car ready for the track-day season next year. It’s been two years since I’ve done a track-day now and I’m itching to get back on to a circuit.

So, stay tuned!

TC

4 comments:

Steve Hignett said...

I am shocked at this revelation!!!

;)

Vince said...

Sorry to hear you aren't going to be able to finish it with your own hands Tim - like you say though, a pragmatic approach is sometimes best. Steve, I hope the remainder of the build goes well.

Cheers


Vince

bigrich said...

I'm sure Steve will make a proper job of the build, Getting some help is probably a sensible decision rather than struggleing on seemingly getting nowhere fast.

She'll be home in the valleys before too long

Rich

Tim said...

She'll only be home 'in the valleys' if one of the thieving commandos breaks into my garage!